H. Hunter Twiford, IV is a native of Clarksdale, Mississippi. He attended the University of Mississippi where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in English. Hunter also studied abroad at the Friedrich-Schiller Universitat in Jena, Germany, where he earned his minor in German. He received his Juris Doctorate from the Mississippi College School of Law in 2011 and has represented plaintiffs and defendants in chancery, circuit, and the federal courts in Mississippi. Hunter has also represented clients before Mississippi’s appellate courts.
Hunter’s law practice is primarily a general business practice. He advises clients across a broad spectrum of legal issues from business transactions to commercial litigation. Hunter regularly represents businesses in litigation against state agencies. He counsels a number of health-care providers across Mississippi, and advises them on federal and state regulatory matters, federal and state reimbursement issues, and appeals before the Mississippi Division of Medicaid and other state agencies. Hunter also has experience probating estates, defending premises liability claims, defending alienation of affection claims, prosecuting real estate fraud claims, and debt collection.
Areas of Practice:
- Business and Commercial Law
- Agency Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Alienation of Affection
- Judgment and Debt Collection
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Mississippi Bar Association, Member; currently serves on the Technology Committee
- Madison County Bar Association, Member
- Capital Area Bar Association, Member
- Jackson Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Smith v. Maggie Mae, L.P., Mississippi Court of Appeals No. 2014-CA-00875-COA (May 3, 2016).
- CLC of Biloxi v. Mississippi Division of Medicaid, Mississippi Court of Appeals No. 2014-CA-01176-COA (April 26, 2016)