Local Plaintiff attorneys who regularly bring employment discrimination claims know our attorneys are fully prepared to litigate and bring to verdict employment issues before the state and federal courts.
Representative matters handled include:
- Successfully defended a sex discrimination case against a City alleging gender discrimination in hiring. The Fifth Circuit upheld the finding for the Defendant.
- Successfully defended UniSouth Bank Board, a locally owned bank subsequently purchased by Trustmark, against claims made against the board when UniSouth was bought by Trustmark.
- Successful defense of a City Fire Department in a claim of racial discrimination in hiring practice.
- Successful defense of a City against a claim of ethnic discrimination in the context of community zoning.
- Successful defense of a School District against a claim of racial discrimination in the context of an educational tracking system for all students.
- Negotiated favorable settlement of Section 1983 sexual discrimination claim against a School in which maintenance employee assaulted teacher and issue of prior notice to the School of tendencies of maintenance employee was in question.
- Regularly advise clients in a professional services business as to various employment matters, including, termination of employees, wage and hour policies, employment agreements and non-competes, and employee relocation. Avoided any employee claims or suits and actions by the Labor Department.
- Regularly advise client in heavy equipment parts and services business as to various employment matters, including, termination of employees, wage and hour policies, employment agreements and non-competes, and employee relocation. Avoided any employee claims or suits and actions by the Labor Department, except for one EEOC claim which was resolved in the client’s favor.
A representative listing of clients we have represented in employment matters include:
- Mississippi Municipal Association
- Travelers Insurance subsidiaries
- Public Employees Retirement System of the State of Mississippi
- Trustmark Bank in defense of its Board of Directors
- Crawler Parts, Inc., d/b/a Heavyquip
- Mitchell Technical Services, Inc.
- and local governmental entities, among many others.